Smithfield Lights hosted by Dublin City Council
The 2017 Smithfield Lights event is back and bigger than ever! This is the main family Christmas event in Dublin and a must for all families looking for a night of fun, festive entertainment!
Photo credit: William Murphy
Families can enjoy a wide range of children’s festive entertainment including face paints, workshops, a vintage carousel and an outdoor screening of classic Christmas movie The Snowman.
There will be market stalls with a range of delicious foods, arts and crafts.
The main tree lighting event will take place at 7.10pm, with VIP Santa himself in attendance.
The event schedule includes:
- Market Stalls open at 3.00pm
- Snow Globe, Carousel, Children’s Workshops & Face Painting open at 4.00pm
- Screening of movie The Snowman at 5.00pm – 5.30pm
- Sam Maguire on display at 5.00pm – 6.00pm
- Performance from Stanhope Street Girls Choir at 5.45pm - 6.05pm
- Performance from Red Empire 6.15pm – 7.00pm
- Children’s Workshops & Face Painting finishes at 7.00pm
- Lord Mayor gives a short speech on stage with Santa, followed by The Riptide Movement switching on the Christmas lights at 7.10pm
- Performance from The Riptide Movement at 7.20pm – 8.00pm
- All Entertainment (Carousel, Snow Globe etc) finishes at 8.00pm
- Christmas Market remains open until 9.00pm
The event will be presented by MC Andrea Hayes and features music from the Stanhope Street Girls Choir, Red Empire and headline act The Riptide Movement.
Put the your Christmas hat on and prepare your eyes for a beautiful bright evening!