The Art of the Song: David Bowie
The Art of the Song : David Bowie
Featuring Lisa Hannigan, Duke Special, Jape, Caoimhin O’Raghallaigh and more
As part of Summer @ NCH
Saturday 26th July, 8pm
- Room: Main Auditorium
- Prices: €25
- 20% discount for Friends of the National Concert Hall
- 15% discount for groups of 10 or more
- Booking available for Friends of the National Concert Hall from 7th April, please log in using your Friends log-in to book your tickets
- Featuring: Lisa Hannigan, Duke Special, Jape, Heathers, Adrian Crowley
- The Band: Ross Turner (I am the Cosmos, Lisa Hannigan, Jape), Glenn Keating (Jape, Somadrone, The Redneck Manifesto), Rian Trench (Solar Bears), Donal Gunne (Túcan), Caoimhin Ó Raghallaigh(The Gloaming, This is How We Fly), Seán Mac Erlaine (This is How We Fly)
A new occasional series sees the National Concert Hall bring some of Ireland’s most exciting artists together to pay tribute to the great writers of modern music. This show sees Lisa Hannigan, Duke Special, Jape, Caoimhin O’Raghallaigh and more pay tribute to the Thin White Duke.
“As was the case with Miles Davis in jazz, Bowie has come not just to represent his innovations but to symbolize modern rock as an idiom in which literacy, art, fashion, style, sexual exploration and social commentary can be rolled into one.” Rolling Stone magazine
From July 1969 when Space Oddity hit to UK Top Ten through to the flamboyant, androgynous alter ego Ziggy Stardust, spearheaded by the hit single "Starman" and the album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, David Bowie has created a modern canon of work marked by it’s constant re-invention and exploration. This went on to feature his landmark Berlin Trilogy of albums, his collaborations with Brian Eno and Lou Reed right through to blue-eyed soul of Fame and mainstream American success. He has recently released the unanimously acclaimed The Next Day.
Emerging from the Hall’s Artist Writing Space project, this concert will see some of those Resident Artists, some of Dublin’s innovators and most acclaimed singers address the considerable work of David Bowie.
Presented by The National Concert Hall
Supported by Newstalk 106 and The Irish Independent